Tandem Hang Gliding
Watch what it is like!
Need to know Information about Flying
- We are located at world famous hang gliding site ‘Bald Hill’ Stanwell Park and available 7 days a week.
- This allows us to instantly access the conditions to maximise the options for you to fly in this weather dependent sport.
- We only fly from the premier location of ‘Bald Hill’ Stanwell Park and offer you the convenience of 5 instructors allowing your more opportunity to fly.
- We usually do not know until the day arrives, if and when we are flying and conditions may be suitable anytime of the day. Please allow some flexibility with your time, as the weather sometimes varies during the day and exact time scheduling is sometimes difficult.
- The flight experience comprises of a preparation ground session of 25 to 30 minutes and 25 to 30 minutes airtime. If the weather is suitable, flights begin at 9.30am with time slots of 90 minute increments between flights.
- Although we are operating year round, suitable conditions are not as frequent during the winter months so patience is required. The best time of the year is generally from September to May.
- No special clothing is required but loose fitting clothes such as a tracksuit or jeans and fleece are ideal. We do have special flying jackets if conditions demand. Joggers are the most suitable footwear.
- If transport is required trains run regularly from Central Railway Station and we can collect you from the to Stanwell Park railway station upon arrival.
- Terms and Conditions do Apply: Gift Certificates are valid for 12 months after issue and may be extended upon request before the expiry date. They are non-redeemable for cash and non-refundable, however they are transferable.
- There is a limitation of a maximum weight of 95kg and minimum age of 12yrs. *This is an Instructional Flight and part of the HGFA Training Program and include the Hang Gliding Federation membership.
Sydney Hang Gliding Centre
Go tandem hang gliding in Sydney, book yourself a flight or buy a gift voucher.