Tandem Hang Gliding - Booking Page
Have you always wanted to hang glide but thought that it was either too difficult, or too dangerous? Well things have changed and today with modern glider designs now built specially for two, you are able to fly with an Instructor.
The hang gliding flight commences with the completion of some paper work, participation in assembling of the hang glider and a flight. This helps with any apprehension that you may naturally have and a great learning experience at the same time.
We fly from world famous ‘Bald Hill’ at Stanwell Park. We are airborne for 25 to 30 minutes soaring along the spectacular Illawarra escarpment and land on the beach at Stanwell Park. You are flying with your Instructor so this is ideal for someone who has not been hang gliding before.
Use my Gift Voucher
Need to know Information about Flying
- We are located at world famous hang gliding site ‘Bald Hill’ Stanwell Park and available 7 days a week.
- This allows us to instantly access the conditions to maximise the options for you to fly in this weather dependent sport.
- We only fly from the premier location of ‘Bald Hill’ Stanwell Park and offer you the convenience of 5 instructors allowing your more opportunity to fly.
- We usually do not know until the day arrives, if and when we are flying and conditions may be suitable anytime of the day. Please allow some flexibility with your time, as the weather sometimes varies during the day and exact time scheduling is sometimes difficult.
- The flight experience comprises of a preparation ground session of 25 to 30 minutes and 25 to 30 minutes airtime. If the weather is suitable, flights begin at 9.30am with time slots of 90 minute increments between flights.
- Although we are operating year round, suitable conditions are not as frequent during the winter months so patience is required. The best time of the year is generally from September to May.
- No special clothing is required but loose fitting clothes such as a tracksuit or jeans and fleece are ideal. We do have special flying jackets if conditions demand. Joggers are the most suitable footwear.
- If transport is required trains run regularly from Central Railway Station and we can collect you from the to Stanwell Park railway station upon arrival.
- Terms and Conditions do Apply: Gift Certificates are valid for 12 months after issue and may be extended upon request before the expiry date. They are non-redeemable for cash and non-refundable, however they are transferable.
- There is a limitation of a maximum weight of 90kg and minimum age of 12yrs. *This is an Instructional Flight and part of the HGFA Training Program and include the Hang Gliding Federation membership.